Here are some reasons to use a gua sha:
- Skin health: Gua sha is a traditional Chinese technique that can help with skin health. It can help with:
- Smoothing wrinkles
- Reducing puffiness
- Sculpting the face
- Tighter, brighter, tauter, and smoother skin
- Improving circulation
- Creating healthy energy
- Pain relief: Gua sha can help relieve muscle and joint pain, including back pain, tendon strain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Lymphatic drainage: Gua sha’s scraping motions help with lymphatic drainage.
- Inflammation reduction: Gua sha can help reduce inflammation.
Other benefits of gua sha include:
- Acne and blemish control
- Helping with cystic acne
- Helping with acne scars
You can incorporate gua sha into your skincare routine after cleansing your face in the morning or evening. Before using gua sha, you can prepare your skin with something emollient like a face oil or a balm.
Gua sha is generally considered safe, but there are some risks involved:
Skin stressIf not applied correctly, gua sha can cause undue stress on the skin, which can lead to issues like bruising, redness, or even broken capillaries.
SorenessYou could also be sore and tender for a short while after you have your treatment